Eat It! gives you the chance to raise funds while enjoying time with friends and family.
Launched in the summer of 2019, our Eat It! initiative gives you the chance to enjoy socialising with friends, family or fellow fans while raising money for good causes in the process.
The idea can be adopted by supporters from all over the world, at any time during the year. All that is needed is someone who is dedicated to Michael’s legacy and good at getting people together. You don’t even have to be able to cook!
The process is simple. If you would like to host an Eat It! tea party, lunch or dinner:
1. Make a list of the people you would like to invite to your home for your tea party, lunch or dinner – it doesn’t have to be a huge crowd, just a couple of friends will do, but the more the merrier.
2. Decide on a convenient date and invite those on your list, letting them know the time and the date. Tell them that it’s for charity and that donations will be gratefully received on the day.
3. Start preparing your special day and have fun with it. Sometimes the anticipation of seeing people you haven’t seen for a while is all part of the excitment. If you would like some leaflets from us in order to help introduce the charity, please let us know. Otherwise, you can direct guests to this website for more information.
4. Enjoy quality time with the special people in your life and over food that you have bought or prepared. You may just want to serve hot drinks and a snack/cake, or you might want to provide a light lunch. Perhaps you love cooking and want to provide an entire three-course meal. Either way, don’t forget this is a great chance to introduce your guests to Michael’s music, too!
5. If you and your guests are happy with photos being taken, why not take a few photos and we’ll be happy to give you a shout-out on our social media. Some of the best photos may also appear on this site, with your permission.
6. Have guests give a donation before they leave. You can suggest a minimum or let them decide. Keep the money safe and count it up once your guests have left. Then send it to us using the ‘donate’ button on this website.
7. Sit back, relax and be proud of yourself. You’ve just made some special memories with some special people, and raised money for a special cause, all in Michael’s memory and through his precious example. Well done!